This article shows the numbers.
- Only 2 players successfully negotiated all 3 stages and earned a tour card
- Just 10 players who attended the 2nd and final stage earned a tour card
- 15 players who were exempt straight into final stage earned a tour card
- Only 32 players from stage 1 & 2 made it to the final stage and of those just 17 made the 4 round cut at final stage and got some status on tour.
- The youngest to earn a card was Renato Paratore at 17 years old
- The oldest to earn a card was Ricardo Gonzales at 45 years old
In 2014 there were 10 venues used for 1st stage with the average winning score being -14.4, and the average for the last qualifying spots was -5.1.
So simply put, if you don’t currently have a competitive stroke average of 70.75 or lower
When someone asks me how difficult it is to make the tour those numbers I am well aware off for Hans what he needs to be able to do. To have a comfortable game to make 3 to 5 under par consistently. No way around that if you want to be a tour player to go trough the school. Its not easy even complicated and somewhat impossible.
Its why I make sure the stats line up for him, distance, accuracy, dispersion and distance to pin which will allow me to at last track that he is able to do those. Then as he is able to do them I focused to find out if he is also able to keep track on the target to allow the performance to happen for him.
His words are in the line off, is this all I need to do?
But its so simple?
Yes it is but you can always go back to what others teach?
He, no I take simple any day of the week…
Now he has more time as he isn’t cluttered by unneeded tasks he thought he needed to do to play well to score low.
Its almost to easy.
Next to make sure his putting also follows the same mind set.
Once the system is built what happens is the same as always, doubt as it seems unlikely this will work as it seems to easy and simple. Its new so unknown and why cant I do what I think I shall do and I just say, the evidence shows it isn’t working.
I follow the evidence and then simply can state its crap and bullshit and whatever else how well meaning your trainers been they taught you bad shit.